The Tennyson McCarty Award is given out once a year to an outstanding student from Boulder High School.
This year, the award was given to Alijah Smith
Alijah Smith has a GPA of 3.4 and will be attending University of Colorado, School of Engineering, Applied Sciences Aerospace and Biomedical degree programs.
Area's of accomplishments:
- Football – team captain, 3-year letter winner, Leadership Council, Academic All State Honorable Mention
- Lacrosse – team captain, 3-year letter winner, Academic All State Honorable mention
- “Panther’s read to Success” at Community Montessori
- Classroom and school volunteer at Aurora Academy – 40 hours each year
- Bolder Boulder volunteer
- Lacrosse Leaf raking community service project
- Boulder Football Farmer’s Market Parking Fundraiser
Earn a Bachelor and Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering and to achieve my lifelong dream of a career with NASA.